Since 2017, under the tenure of the Conservatives, Wokingham Borough Council has much to be proud of including:
- First greenway opened from Finchampstead to Arborfield providing traffic-free safe routes for pedestrians, cyclists and other users.
- New £32 million Bohunt secondary school opened serving families in the south of the borough.
- Energy efficient LED street lighting installed across the borough to cut energy consumption and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Maintained weekly waste and recycling collections and increased recycling by providing additional food waste collection.
- Climate Emergency declared. Ambitious Action Plan to become carbon neutral.
- Bulmershe Leisure Centre opened. Loddon Valley improvements completed. Regeneration of Carnival Centre begun.
- Together, we convinced the Government to reduce the Borough’s excessive housing numbers. We oppose over-development.
- Rapid Covid testing centres opened for all keyworkers.
- Road maintenance budget doubled. Major new road projects delivered.
We have ambitious plans to continue building on this success:
- Helping those in need and providing excellent services for all.
- Making journeys easier.
- Implementing bold actions to be carbon neutral by 2030.
- Investing further in our schools.
- Fighting over-development and protecting the Green Belt.
- Protecting our neighbourhoods.