James Alexander is the Conservative candidate to represent Great Hollands South in the election for the vacant seat on the Bracknell Town Council. The election will take place on 6 May 2022.
"My family and I have lived in Bracknell for 8 years, moving from Wokingham, after arriving in the area in 1996 from my native Motherwell. As a father of five children, we chose Bracknell to raise our family for several key reasons:
- The abundance of natural green spaces for our children to grow, such as Swinley Forest, South Hill Park, Lilly Hill Park, Mill Pond and Great Hollands Recreation areas;
- The high standards of primary and secondary education;
- The diversity of sporting and leisure facilities that provide so much activity for all age groups;
- The town regeneration plans, that are now delivering a mixed and vibrant town;
- The wide variety of transport links that support our growing local economy;
I believe that Bracknell is a great place for a family to grow and flourish and I hope to see that all those benefits are sustained and enhanced into the future.
As an armed forces veteran, I have served our country for 10 years, across the globe, on peacekeeping duties, humanitarian missions and operational conflicts. I have tremendous pride in the work carried out by our men and women of the Armed Forces. It was a privilege and an honour to carry out those duties.
I have carried over that sense of duty into my civilian life, supporting and championing several charities and community initiatives such as homeless and wounded veteran charities, cancer relief and Air Ambulance appeals.
I now wish to take more direct, active involvement in the functioning of our town, supporting our community and helping to ensure Bracknell has a great future by becoming the Bracknell Town Councillor for Great Hollands South."